The Return of Mother's Day

I lost my mother to cervical cancer when I was just 18 years old {she was 46}. She fought like hell for two years, but ultimately lost the fight in January of 2005.

For the past ten years, Mother's Day has been just another depressing day on the calendar. Along with her birthday, the anniversary of her death, Christmas, and {to be honest} pretty much every other day of the year. No matter how hard you try to get over the fact that you don't have the person that was your biggest cheerleader physically present for important days, you just cannot.

This year that all changed.


Mother's Day has completely transformed into an amazing day with the ability to share it with my beautiful little man! I cannot look at his handsome face without feeling all of the love that she had for me. I feel her presence every day with him around.

Of course, there will definitely be times that I will still feel that something is missing. She wasn't there to hold my son on the day he was born. She isn't here to tell me that I'm doing okay as a mom. She won't be there for me to call and cry to on the day that I will inevitably have to send him off to school/day care for the first time. I'll be a motherless daughter for the rest of my life, but I will never forget everything that she taught me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog