Oh my nom, nom, nom- Cheesy Broccoli and Quinoa

Happy Monday!!


       If you haven't discovered quinoa yet, shame on you! It is quickly becoming a staple in our house. One sack of Simply Balanced brand quinoa from Target (Info only. Not sold online, sorry!) can last in our home for approximately 6 meals with 4 servings. Always on the look out for super tasty healthy foods, we love that quinoa is high in protein and gluten-free.
       One of my most recent Pinterest raids (Find me on Pinterest, here!), I stumbled upon a pretty good looking recipe. Not to mention it is one of the easiest recipes that I've ever seen. I'm not one to follow a recipe 100%, though (which might be why I'm a terrible baker). This is my spin on the recipe that I found.
 

Cheesy Broccoli and Quinoa

Here's how I did it-

  • 1 cup quinoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
  • 2 cups chicken broth
  • 2 cups water
  • 2 cups broccoli, chopped
  • 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
  • Sprinkles of salt and pepper where needed
First thing's first...
In a large pot, combine garlic, quinoa, chicken broth, water and broccoli. This is what you should have.


Cover on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to simmer for 15-20 minutes or until all of the broth has been absorbed. Once absorbed, add the cheese, mix, and then you're all ready to serve!! It doesn't look like much, but it is so ridiculously delicious!



I served mine with some baked tilapia in a foil packet that is also a frequent visitor to my oven.

Enjoy!!



Recipe adapted from- Cheesy Broccoli and Quinoa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog