First Trimester

We've made it through the first trimester! 

I say we because I couldn't have done it without my husband. I know he's wanted to run for the hills a few times in the past couple of months, but he's been right there for me the entire time.

Even though you can't tell most days that I'm even pregnant...
I'm DEFINITELY feeling huge!

As of 12 weeks, I've only gained 2.6 pounds! I was weighing in at 123lbs BBN {that's Before Baby Neff} and as I type this I'm going to guess that I'm up to at least 130lbs.

I'm carrying very low, which has caused me to NEED maternity jeans at about 8 weeks. I've always been small chested, but now I feel like my girls are out of control! Being long waisted, I frequently have issues finding tops that are long enough to cover my torso. Now with a tiny bit of bump, it's nearly impossible for tops to stay where they need to be! UGH! I bought a few maternity tops, but I'm swimming in them! Long story short, I'm too big for the clothes that I already own, and too small for maternity sizes. 

I've had a few people ask me questions about cravings, morning sickness, what we think we're having, etc. So I figured I'd give everyone a little update. 

I have had a consistent 'craving,' but I definitely have an insatiable want for certain foods. If I have an inkling for a certain restaurant or snack then absolutely nothing else will satisfy that need. I have a large aversion right now from any type of red meat or pork. Chicken is sometimes iffy for me as well, but not always. Cold foods are the bee's knees right now. Especially salads, which also help with the random headaches {leafy greens are great for headache relief}.

I had a little bit of morning sickness in the beginning, but I think that was mostly due to low blood sugar. I honestly think that having a mother go through chemo has been a blessing in disguise. I know exactly how to deal with nausea and how to quickly get over it. My morning sickness secrets: Whole grain toast for breakfast, drink an entire bottle of water with my vitamins, and pop a jolly rancher {I prefer the all red bag} while I'm getting ready for my day. I also keep a tiny can of ginger ale on hand as well as a bag of the Mini Nilla Wafers if I need it later on in the day. 

As far as what we think we're having there are a few opinions we have. At first I was convinced it was a boy. It's position in my uterus as well as the fact that boys run dominate in my husband's family. My best friend is also completely positive that it's a boy. 
Right now we're both thinking girl. Ronny has thought girl since almost day one. Not sure if he is trying to use reverse psychology to get a boy, but I know he is ecstatic for this little one either way. I have been having the elusive female gender dreams {when I'm not having crazy vivid dreams about my past lives}. One more month until we find out! 


Comments

  1. Jen, your blog is so cute! I remember your Mum helping me out big-time with some TUMS when you guys were eating at Rockefellers :) I carry them with me everywhere since then.

    Ang

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog