I'll Have What She's Having- Chipotle

Often times when Ronny and I grab a bite to eat somewhere or even just swing by Starbucks, he hates his order, but loves mine. A few nights ago we went to Chipotle and instead of opting for a huge over-stuffed burrito he went with my choice of a much healthier (and lower in carbs) salad. Not one for salads, he was delightfully surprised with how much he liked it. He exclaimed, "From now on, I'm getting whatever you get!" This got me to thinking, I bet other people might feel the same way. This brings me to a new section of my blog entitled, I'll Have What She's Having.

With that said....

Last night we went to Chipotle. I always go for the unconventional, the salad. Dun, dun, duuunnnn!!! I love their dressing! If you have never ordered a salad from Chipotle, they only have one dressing and it's amazing! It's a honey vinagrette that is so delicious that I become so furious when it is disregarded in my to-go order that I will drive all the way back to the restaurant to get it. It makes the salad! Anyway, here's how I build my salad: Lettuce (obviously), fajitas (or peppers and onions if you are not a seasoned Chipotle-goer), steak, and pico de gallo. That's it!

Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Calories 495 Cal from Fat 285
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32g 48%

Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Trans Fat 0g  
Cholesterol 65mg 22%
Sodium 1660mg 69%
Total Carbs 22g 7%

Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Sugars 17g  
Protein 32g  
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0% Iron 0%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
INGREDIENTS: Steak (4oz),Fajita Veggies,Lettuce,Chipotle Vinaigrette,Tomato Salsa

Now the sugar alone adds about 11 grams of sugar as well as 6 grams of saturated fat. I don't do a lot of sugar or sweets to begin with (I think the closest thing to candy that we have in our home is a bag of cough drops), so I allow myself the dressing. Plus like I said before, the dressing really makes the salad!

If you would like to find out the nutritional value of your Chipotle meal check out Chipotlefan.com and find out what you're eating.



Comments

  1. I feel like ordering in restaurants is a talent of mine, along with remembering where I was and exactly what I was doing the first time I heard a song! LOL.

    I've never tried a salad at Chipotle, but I will!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog