Fight for it

Happy 2014, everyone!!


I hope everyone had a great New Year. Ronny and I spend every New Year's Eve at home enjoying each other's company. We like to spend those last and first few moments of each year as just us without distraction or interruption.
New Year's Day we had some houseguests. Ronny's brother Larry and his girlfriend Deb came to stay with us. Lots of catching up and fun family chit chat around the dining room table was accomplished.
Great way to bring us into 2014!


Today I want to talk a little bit about something I believe in. Conflict in a relationship. Often you hear couples saying, 'we never fight' or 'I need to find someone that I never argue with.' Another example would be when people decide to not confront each other and state 'there's no point, they will never change.' In my opinion, disagreements are important in any relationship. If you don't disagree with each other once in a while you will never find a way to overcome your obstacles. Overcoming obstacles can make a relationship abundantly stronger. Sometimes one or both sides would prefer to just sweep their differences under the rug just to avoid a conflict.  I understand that people hate conflict. I get that no one likes to fight. However, I don't understand why people are so easy to not stand up for what they believe is right when it comes to their personal relationships.




Now let me clarify what I'm saying...
If you never tell anyone that what they are doing is upsetting you, they will never know. There's a good chance that they will continue to hurt you without them even knowing.
I'm not saying that you should fight to hurt someone's feelings, but what I am saying is that you should fight to protect your own. Don't argue to upset someone and then cause them to hold a grudge. Express your feelings in a constructive way. Keep the other person's feelings in mind while still finding a way to get your point across. Say what you mean, but don't say it mean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog